This recipe is at its finest during summer months when you can use fresh-from-the-farm peaches and blueberries. If fresh fruit isn’t available, frozen will work just fine.
PEACH BLUEBERRY CRISP
- 1 pound fresh peaches peeled and sliced (or frozen sliced peaches, thawed)
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 8 mint leaves
- 1-1/2 cups Granola Jones granola
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, plus a little to grease the baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish. Place the peaches and blueberries in a mixing bowl and add 1/3 cup brown sugar. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix the granola, flour, and remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar. Pour melted butter evenly over the mixture and stir together well. Chiffonade the mint leaves; add the mint and tapioca to the peach-blueberry mixture. Mix together and allow it to rest for another 5 minutes to soften the tapioca. Pour the fruit into the prepared baking dish. Evenly sprinkle the Granola Jones mixture over the berries. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!